As some of you can tell, I really love margaritas! I wanted to checkout a few 4th of July/summery drinks to sip on over the extended weekend. Of course, I checked out my favorite place (Pinterest) for some ideas. I decided to make a Firecracker Margarita, Watermelon Prosecco Margarita, and a Watermelon Champagne Cocktail (to shake it up a little bit). All three drinks are delicious and refreshing!
Check out the recipes below and let me know what you think!
- 2oz. Tequila
- 1oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1oz Blue Curacao
- Simple Syrup or Corn Syrup
- Red Poprocks
- Blue sprinkles
- Place the pop rocks on a plate. Coat the rim of your margarita glass with the simple syrup or corn syrup. Dip the margarita glass into the pop rocks coating the edges.
- In a shaker, shake the tequila, blue curacao, and fresh lime juice over ice.
- Pour in your glass and enjoy!
- I could not find poprocks for the life of me! So, I decided to add blue sprinkles, one drop of red food coloring to sugar, and place it on a plate to mix together to get a red, white, and blue themed rim!
- I added 1 1/2 tbsp of simple syrup.
Watermelon Prosecco Margarita
- 1 cup Prosecco
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Salt or Sugar, for rim
- 2oz Tequila Silver
- 1oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 2oz Fresh Watermelon Juice
- 2oz Presecco Syrup
- Lime wedges, for serving and garnish
- Combine prosecco and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Rim a glass with a lime wedge and dip in coarse salt or sugar to coat. Fill glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, lime juice, prosecco syrup, and watermelon juice. Shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour drink mixture into glass and top off with prosecco.
- Add lime wedges for serving and Enjoy!
Note: This drink tastes like a watermelon Jolly Rancher! So delicious!
Watermelon Champagne Cocktail
- Mint leaves, for mixture and garnishing
- Chop watermelon and place 1/8 of the watermelon into a shaker.
- Add a few mint leaves into the shaker.
- Top off with lemonade up until half of the watermelon is covered.
- Muddle everything together until the watermelon mixture turns into juice.
- Strain the mixture into your glass and top with some champagne.
- Top with a mint leaf and enjoy!