Hello my fellow foodies,
I want to introduce myself and share some of my favorite places throughout Michigan and share why you will see a lot of Detroit posts from me.
First off, my name is Brittany Wilson and I am a resident of Norton Shores, Michigan. For those of you who do not know where Norton Shores is, we are located approximately 45 minutes west from Grand Rapids.
Detroit has a special place in my heart. Not only does majority of my family live there, but some of the best food I have ever had is in Detroit. Some of you may not realize, but Detroit has transformed back into the beautiful city it once was. Detroit is booming with hundreds of new restaurants. I am in Detroit at least twice a month and have begun exploring Detroit more and more.
Here are a some of my favorite places that I repeatedly go to:
- Detroit Cookie Company – 23421Woodward Ave., Ferndale, MI 48220 *Make sure to get there early! They sell out quick! *If you love cinnamon and Oreo, check out the B’Special!
- Sala Thai – 3400 Russell St., Detroit, MI 48207 *Check out their ribs! I know…it’s a Thai place, but just do it (if you like ribs)!
- Peny Red’s – 1445 Farmer St., Detroit, MI 48226
- Cornerstone Barrel House – 1456 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48226 *Check out their Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese…it’s to die for!
- Orchid Thai – 115 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226
- Sister Pie – 8066 Kercheval Ave., Detroit, MI 48214
- Pizza Papalis – 3171 E. Jefferson Ave., Detroit, MI 48226 *Childhood favorite that never gets old.
- Empire Kitchen & Cocktails – 3148 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201 *The dry rubbed chicken wings are amazing!
I hope you do not mind me sharing my love for the city ❤️
Citation: Map of Norton Shores: TownMapsUSA.com